Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sibling Love

"Sam's Patch Up Job" by Zinfer
http://zinfer.deviantart.com/
The one thing about Sam and Dean that will always melt my heart is how they are so willing to sacrifice themselves for each other. It truly shows how much they value family over anything else. Numerous times during the episodes of Supernatural that I have seen thus far, the brothers have given either their souls or their sanity to keep the other safe or alive. In my opinion, this brotherly bond is truly heart-warming and heart-breaking. 

In my last blog post, I mentioned the episode "Something Wicked," which showed how Dean basically raised Sam as a child because their father was almost never around to take care of them. Seeing how Dean stepped up and took care of Sam so that he could at least have a chance at a semi-normal life, made me realize how important it is to have a good and loving relationship with my little sister. To be honest, ever since that episode as well as several more with similar sibling themes, I have noticed that I have grown much closer to my baby sister, Tilly. Call it whatever you want, but there is just something about two grown brothers who are still in each others lives that made me realize that is what I wanted for Tilly and I in the future. 


I also love how all the villains in Supernatural say that family is the Winchesters' only "weakness." Even for family that they never knew they had such as their fathers love child, Adam, or their "adopted" families, Bobby, Ellen, and Jo, they have an attachment. I remember in the episode "Death's Door" how Bobby said "I adopted two boys, and they grew up great. They grew up heroes!" When I heard that, I instantly began to cry because of how true the statement was, because Sam and Dean were "his boys." He raised them, taught them how to play catch, hunt, everything that a NORMAL father would teach his sons.



The picture that I choose for this post also says a lot about the brothers' relationship. it symbolizes how they are always there to patch each other up after all the messes they get themselves into. In the description, the artist said "I love the brotherly relationship Sam and Dean have in the show and I love how they're always there to patch each other up after whatever crap they get themselves into." I totally agree with what she had to say. Between the little scratches and all of the major things, they will always be there for each other.

4 comments:

  1. Nice picture, correlates both Dean and Sam's brotherly hood. I like the way you relate Supernatural and your personal life. Makes me question myself if I support and defend my sisters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This show seems so uplifting and inspiring the way the siblings care so much about each other. This show seems really good. When did it start? I would love to start watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supernatural is really good and you should totally watch it! It started in 2005 and it's on every other Friday at 9 on CW. The earlier seasons are on Netflix and Hulu.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen this show before but it sounds good. I like shows and movies that have good characters. Your review of the show seems to be trying to say that the characters are likeable. If they weren't t each other. I'll keep my eye out for this show.

    ReplyDelete