Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Supernatural Obssesion

I have recently started to watch the AMAZING show Supernatural on Netflix. The show follows the extraordinarily abnormal adventures of brothers Sam and Dean, who  have been hunting monsters, demons, and other scary creatures that might be hiding under your bed or in your closet, ever since a yellow-eyed demon killed their mother when they were both kids.
Since I can't watch Supernatural all day or talk about it 24/7, creating and writing a blog about it seems to be the way to go, and it gives me credit for my high school journalism class.  Although this blog is for school, I am honestly excited to write about the show that, since Spring Break, has been obsessively on my mind. I honestly could care less if die-hard fans who have seen the show since it began in 2005 want to rant about how I could have just started watching it many years ago since it has been on television for so long.  So I am using this blog as a forum to vent and explain all of the emotions out that have been building up inside me because I haven't been able to talk about the show with others as much as I would like.  I never get the chance to just stop and talk about Supernatural with other fans because they tell me to 'shut up before I spoil one of the shows tantalizing secrets,' because I got them hooked on the show as well; or others who just look at me like I am crazy.
Personally, I can't even explain what has been happening to me ever since I began watching the show.  I find myself thinking incessantly about the plot lines and the varied characters in the show.  I'll go on to my computer to do homework or research,  and somehow I end up on fan-fiction reading stories based on Supernatural.  I was recently talking to one of my friends, the friend who got me into this Supernatural obsession in the first place, and she told me that these feelings are somewhat normal for fans of this show.  She told me that she finds herself in the middle of class just writing her Sam and Dean's names over and over again as she daydreams.  I personally have found my self drawing terrible pictures of the main characters on my notes and homework.
To be completely honest, I have even started to bawl my eyes out when watching certain episodes.  I cried when Dean died and went to Hell, even though he died for only four months and was back for the fifth season.  I even went ahead and downloaded "Carry On Wayward Son," the show's season finale song, less than five minutes after his death of Dean, still crying as I listened to the song on iTunes.  Even the smallest thing would have set me off.  One of the most emotional episodes was one that featured flashbacks of the boys during their childhood.  It portrayed how their father was not around a lot, and since their mom was dead, Dean had to take care of little Sammy.  When I saw that and how close the brothers were even before they grew up hunting, I went off the rockers.  I was ugly crying, shaking, the whole show!  All I wanted to do at the time was  just go to my little sister, Tilly, to hug her and cry to tell her that I would always be there for her.  Unfortunately for me, she had a friend over at the time, and since I didn't want to embarrass her by being an emotionally unstable weirdo sister, I attacked my poor dogs with hugs and tears instead. After Tilly's friend had left, I went and told her what happened and how emotional. Tilly laughed with demonic eyes..........

2 comments:

  1. micaela you are truly obsessed with Supernatural, i didn't thought you went this far... After reading this im proud to announce your obsession to Supernatural is a million times more than on how much i love White Collar. Maximum effort in putting this all together- including the songs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly have an obsession with supernatural but it could never compare to my obsession with Matt Bomer (no homo), but I've never watched supernatural so i wouldn't know what its about but its sounds fairly exciting to me!

    ReplyDelete